Monday, January 4, 2010

PW's Tomato Soup

Recipe and photo compliments of Pioneer Woman

6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 whole Medium onion diced
1 bottle (46 oz) tomato juice
2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon (up to three if desired) powdered chicken base
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt
Black pepper to taste
1 cups cooking sherry
1 1/2 cup heavy cream

Saute diced onions in butter until translucent. Then add canned tomatoes, tomato juice, chicken base, sugar, pinck of salt, black pepper and stir. Bring to a new boil and then turn off heat. Add in sherry and cream and stir. Add in parsley and basil to taste. Adjust seasonings if necessary.

**
This is the best tomato soup recipe you'll ever taste. I like to put fresh parsley on top of the soup with a dab of sour cream and shredded cheese on top of them. I think I like it better without sherry.